Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Echo

~Echo~
by Tommy LoMaglio

Something is turning through the air,
around and around,
an echo, lonely,
traveling to and fro searching,
searching,
such a vain act,
searching and finding nothing,
no one,
finding itself,
over and over again,
longing for something else,
something more than itself,
something to send it back
to where it came,
but no,
nothing,
and as it spins,
as it drifts
in its whirling wind
it feels within itself,
something,
in the void inside,
something,
turning through the air,
around and around.

3 comments:

taylormay said...

... left me with a feeling of.. desperation? kinda like ..my stomache was eating itself... its good though , i like it.

Josie. said...

Hmm. Yeah, i think they are nice. Straight from the heart and things like that.

DellowMan said...

Thanks. Desperation is exactly what I was feeling when I wrote it. One of many on a sinking ship kind of. Surounded by so much but alone at the saem time. Thank goodness I dont feel that wa all the time. Who would like my poetry then? haha.