Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Saved

~Saved~
By Tommy

My footsteps echo through the coridore,
As I'm lead to a place that I've been to before,
And I curse the burden I should never have bore,
I have eaten my fill, but I hunger for more.

Chain me, restrain me in this prison I've built,
Within my minds walls there's no rest for this guilt,
So close to the edge will I teeter and tilt,
And so like a rose will I wither and wilt.

With the crudest of clay have I sculpted my cell,
With my linins of lies I've made bed in hell,
To the most isolate shadows is where I fell,
Now I weep and cry for whom to lift this spell.

Then a radient warmth broke through the iced air,
And light so bright not a shadow did dare,
My chains were broken, and my cell door swung open,
And in the doorway my savior, my Jesus, stood there.

No comments: